Monday, May 12, 2008

I try...but no one likes me.

***Editor’s note: I have decided to put all of Jon Banquer’s comments together, because I want them to be easy to skip over. They’re still here, but they won’t show up in the comments list on the right. This is mainly to avoid the problems Jon creates where ever he goes. Most of what he posts is either factually or conceptually incorrect. Here and there he makes a mistake and says something that makes sense. Simple mistake, anyone could do it. I will still simply delete any comments which are solely intended to be inflammatory.

Page 174, Tutorial: Making A Simple Drawing. For 2/3 of the page one is still working with an assembly.

You should mention that when you start “Tutorial: Making A Simple Drawing” that you need to switch to the part rather than stay in the assembly.
This becomes a problem when the reader has to do the section view on page 179.

****I’m sorry you had difficulty with this, but my instructions don’t take shit-for-brains into account. Maybe you should stick to the SolidWorks for Dummies book, or the new version called SolidWorks for ShitForBrains. It uses small words and big type.

The picture quality in the SolidWorks Bible is often so bad you have to really struggle to make out the fillet previews. Examples of very difficult to see fillet previews can be found on page 234 and 246.

***This is actually valid. I’m surprised. It’s one of my disappointments too. Unfortunately this is mostly about the publisher.
The chapter on modeling with Multibodies should appear much sooner than chapter 26!
In my opinion Multibodies should most certainly appear before Organizing Assemblies (chapter 12).

Perhaps a good place to introduce Multibodies might be chapter 8.

***Nope. It’s good where it is. People need to know about assemblies before multibodies. There should be no confusion.

This is why they call you clueless, isn’t it?



Note from Jon: Yes...I am clueless and a Jackass

No comments: